It’s the final First Friday of 2020, one of the most unkind years on record for the majority of the world. Musicians have had it particularly hard this year — but thanks to Bandcamp for their Bandcamp Fridays program, many artists have had an opportunity to receive a greater part of the revenue on the sale of their music and merch. Chris thanks everyone who has supported him and his fellow artists via this program.
In case you missed it, Chris created a number of Bandcamp-only releases this year:
- A Good Cheap High (live 1992)
- Live Episodes
- Shipwreck Live
- Prayer (A Birthday Tribute to Bill Rieflin)
And today comes A Many Acted Play, which includes unreleased demos from The Ultimate Seaside Companion, Blonde Exodus, The Episodes, and more. (Note: some of these tracks used to be available in the Downloads section of an earlier iteration of this website but have been unavailable for over 5 years.) You can stream the tracks on Bandcamp (and support, if you wish) now!
Meanwhile, Chris has been busy speaking with the world about his latest full album, Graveyard Sex, releases earlier this year, and about the year that was 2020… (sorry we’re a bit late posting some of these — you know, 2020 and all that)
- In the Loop: Interview: Chris Connelly: Despite Global Pandemic, Releases New Book, Music and Art For Summer of 2020
- ReGen Magazine: ReGen Premiere: industrial supergroup NUKES unveils music video for “Death Sky”
- Chicago Reader: Chris Connelly and Jessica Gallo release a tribute single for late drummer Bill Rieflin
- RTL.de: Die emotionale Geschichte hinter dem Album
- Car Con Carne: ‘Graveyard Sex’ takes the prolific Chris Connelly down a deeply personal road
Wishing everyone a happy and more importantly a HEALTHY holiday season.